WELCOME TO THE Blog of the Canadian Herbalists Association of British Columbia
Our website is accessible at www.chaofbc.ca
We are a non profit association with a mandate of monitoring and maintaining the educational qualifications and practice of Herbal Practitioners. We are thrilled to be offering another educational resource for the public and for our members.
The posts on this blog are intended to promote education in herbal medicine, to promote our member’s, through featuring their articles and other educational posts and increase awareness of CHA of BC related activities and herbal medicine in general. This blog will feature articles written by our members on the topics of herbal medicine, holistic health and healing, the natural world and medicine making. We welcome submissions from all members of the CHA of BC – which will then be peer reviewed prior to posting.
Please note: The information, opinions and views contained within the blog posts do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of the CHA of BC. The posts are for educational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for medical advice. All individuals are advised and encouraged to seek the advice of a qualified health care professional prior to starting any new treatment.
Katolen Yardley, President
CHA of BC
The purpose and goals of the Canadian Herbalist’s Association of BC is to:
- Monitor and maintain the educational qualifications and the practice of ethical Herbal Practitioners
- Strive to promote better health with herbs
- Advance the understanding and knowledge of the practice of Herbalism
- Aim to increase the acceptance of herbal medicine through public awareness and the cultivation of research in the field of herbal medicine
- Provide a collective voice for all herbal practitioners at the government level by providing input for Sector Studies
- The CHA of BC also works to unite herbal professionals worldwide; assisting in the protection of the character and status of all herbalists.