CHA of BC Website and/or Newsletter Use:
Note: the “Client“ is a member or a non-member of the CHA of BC [i.e. the person or corporation requesting the placement of an ad, announcement, or promotional information]. The “Content” refers to the text and/or images of the ad, announcement, or promotional information.
- The Client agrees to provide Contentthat is accurate; does not violate any local, provincial, national or international law; does not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; does not contain unauthorized advertising or promotional materials. The Client agrees that she/he bear all risks associated with the accuracy, completeness, legality, or usefulness of any provided Content.
- Any Content posted in the CHA of BC website or newsletter is the sole responsibility of the Client from whom such Content originated. The CHA of BC does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, integrity or quality of such Content.
- Third parties names/links (e.g., people, corporations, websites) are only permitted in a Content if the the third-party is also a member of the CHA of BC, or the Content is a paid advertisement.
- The Content posted in the CHA of BC website or newsletter does not signify endorsement by the CHA of BC, nor should it be considered to reflect the views or opinions of the newsletter/website editors, or any representative of the CHA of BC. The CHA of BC accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted. Readers are advised to perform their own thorough research for any Content to which they respond.
- Content of non-herbal aspects of practice will be permitted provided the service does not fall within the scope of practice of another profession, regulated or unregulated, unless the practitioner holds the relevant certification and professional membership. The CHA of BC will not permit Content of any illegal or questionable practice, or for modalities that involve penetrating orifices (such as colon therapy, IUD insertions, ear candling etc), puncturing tissue (B12 injections, live blood analysis, etc).
- The CHA of BC reserve the right to pre-screen, decline, or remove any Content that it deems best not to display/publish. For example, Content that is unrelated to the Healing Arts or Herbalism, or that it may be construed as harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- The CHA of BC reserve the right to display all Content according to the look-and-feel that it judges best for the website or Newsletter.
- The Client must endorse the final Content to the CHA of BC.